[English] RE: Section B

Reynolds, Gail G reynolds.gail.g at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Mar 20 11:24:44 EST 2009

Isn't the real problem that we are not sure if this is rumour or fact? And even more of an issue that we (and our students) will not know until they get into their exam.

The VCAA seems to have a history of  upping the ante on each exam in a way which is not necessary in terms of marking the scripts or fair in terms of our ability to equip our students with the skills they need to complete the exam well

The first I heard of this suggestion was on this list.  There must be hundreds of teachers out there who have not heard this rumour.  (Where did it come from?)

Would I be out of line to suggest that it is incumbent on the VCAA to clarify this situation so that teachers are informed and students approach the exam from only a semi-inclined playing field rather than a precipice?

(But as I am not holding my breath for the VCAA, I guess I will bend my mind to the issue of pictures as prompts!)

Gail R