[English] VELS ICT Wiki Homepage

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Mon Aug 3 15:27:51 EST 2009

Hi all,

Judith Way kindly notifies people of this resource ..

http://slav.globalteacher.org.au/2009/08/03/vels-ict-resources/

Bright ideas: A blog by the School Library Association of Victoria

August 3, 2009 by SLAV ..

Victorian Northern Metropolitan Region <http://www.nmr.vic.edu.au>
Ultranet Coach Anesti Anestis has agreed to share a VELS wiki he has been
developing.

<http://vels.wikispaces.com/>

VELS ICT wiki homepage

Anesti explains:

Paula Christophersen, ICT Curriculum Manager, VCAA and her team has
released a range of new resources and support materials on the VELS
website that is designed to support the application of ICT in learning
and teaching programs. It is a very comprehensive list of ideas for Prep
through to Year 10. There are many practical resources that schools, ICT
teachers and classroom teachers can use.

Another useful link that may support our understanding of the role of ICT
in the curriculum and its interdisciplinary nature is here:

http://vels.vcaa.vic.edu.au/about/faq.html#21

VELS Primary and scope and sequence

He continues:

This wiki is a community effort to share some "teacher friendly"
resources for the VELS ICT domain. In addition we hope to add links to
lots of useful resources from the web to aid in its implementation.

Please use the discussion tab above if you have comments or suggestions.
Or just jump right in and start adding to the pages.

We are collecting a large number of ICT documents from many schools and
cluster educators and placing them in the resources section. We will use
these documents as the basis for collaborating on the wiki.

Secondary scope and sequence

You will also find that there are examples of Scope and Sequence for both
Primary and Secondary levels. Here schools have been invited to share
what they have been doing and add links to documentation so that other
interested teachers have easy access to support materials.

Another excellent wiki Anesti. Thank you for your work and for sharing
with the readers of Bright Ideas.

--

Cheers all,
Stephen Loosley