[English] Fwd: Launch of a site for literacy

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Thu Sep 4 21:32:07 EST 2008

> From: Judy O'Connell <joconnell at joeys.org>
> To:   oztl_net at listserv.csu.edu.au
> Date:  Thu, 4 Sep 2008 20:30:36 +1000

Subject: Launch of our new library site for literacy

Dear All,

This morning saw the launch of our new interactive website, called
Simply Books, as part of our celebrations for Literacy and Numeracy Week.

You will find our website at http://simplybooks.org/

Our Simply Books website is a Literacy initiative that will support many
aspects of reading and literacy at our school and promote activities,
events, The Readers Cup Challenge, and the Parents Readers Club and more -
all sorts of Literacy work that we do as part of our school library.

Please do visit, and give the students some feedback on their very new
blog.

Some highlights:

‘Write a Book in a Day’ competition at:

 http://simplybooks.wikispaces.com/Write+a+Book+in+a+Day

Catch some images and read the books.

‘Students Say’ Blog at http://studentblog.simplybooks.org/

It's our aim is to support reading and literacy, promote the work of
students and teachers, host literacy and author events, and more.

We built this site using wikis, blogs, and other web 2.0 tools.  A great
way to do things for our school library!!

Cheers, Judy

Judy O'Connell
Head of Library & Information Services
St Joseph's College, Hunters Hill NSW 2110
E:  joconnell at joeys.org
W: http://judyoconnell.com
--

Cheers Joeys