[English] Re: English exam

Alison Smith smith.alison.cl at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Oct 31 19:35:08 EST 2008

The language analysis was fine, and the Identity and Belonging prompt
was as straight forward as we'd hoped. However, our students felt the
Kathy focused question on In The Lake of the Woods was quite
restrictive (although the structure one was a gift, many didn't want
to write on it). I agree with Scott, in that I think the newspaper as
the audience/publication a significant concern for students who chose
to write imaginatively - I really hope the assessors accept that a
work experience student might write a monologue or a short story. for
example, to express their thoughts on such a prompt. After the event,
some of our students were quite panicked about whether their work
would be 'acceptable'.
Alison Smith

Alison Smith
Chisholm House Leader