[English] Post-Grad course in Teaching of Shakespeare with RSC/Melbourne Uni

Kate Donelan k.donelan at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Oct 29 10:42:23 EST 2008

In 2009 we will be again running our Post-Graduate Certificate in the
Teaching of Shakespeare in collaboration with the RSC . This year was the
first year of our exciting partnership with the RSC and we had a cohort of
25 English  and Drama teachers from Victoria and other states
Let the Royal Shakespeare Company and Melbourne University expert teachers
help you inspire your students with passion and understanding for
Shakespeare and other classic texts. In the RSC¹s own words: ³to give young
people ownership of Shakespeare by unlocking the power of his language and
exploring the contemporary relevance of his plays; to give teachers the
confidence, skills and support to engage in the practical teaching of
Shakespeare¹s plays². The techniques of the rehearsal room come together
with the strategies of the classroom to give you a new way of teaching.
Even if you are regional or interstate you can take this course, with its
two intensive practical weeks (January and July) and supported follow-up
work in your own school.
If you¹re interested you can contact me directly or apply at:
http://www.edfac.unimelb.edu.au/futurestudents/courses/graduate/programs/art
sed/index.html
 We are extending the closing date of applications for English teachers to
30 November but you should get your on-line application in as soon as
possible.
Kate

--
Dr Kate Donelan