[English] Re: 2020 Schools Summits

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Sun Mar 2 15:56:09 EST 2008

2020 Schools Summits

<http://www.australia2020.gov.au/schools/index.cfm>

You can be the voice of the future!

What's it all About?

The Australian Government is inviting Australian primary and secondary
schools to participate in a series of School Summits in the lead-up to
the Australia 2020 summit on 19 and 20 April.

The aim of the Australia 2020 summit is to look at Australia's future
challenges and find innovative solutions by harnessing the best ideas
across the nation from Australians with experience, accepted standing,
credibility and authority.

The Australian Government wants to involve the whole Australian community
in addressing these challenges. So, as the future adults of 2020, we are
very interested to hear the ideas of all Australian school children.

Schools Summits will be held by individual schools over a three week
period, starting on the 17th of March 2008.

There are ten critical areas for consideration, based upon the format of
Australia 2020 .. The results of the School Summits will feed into a Youth
Summit that will take place on 12-13 April, with 100 young Australians
invited to discuss the long-term challenges of our country. The results
will then feed into the Australia 2020 summit on 19 and 20 April.

Information for Students

You are the future adults of 2020 Australia, and the Australian Government
wants to hear your ideas about what you think are the main challenges of
our country over the next ten years and how you think we can solve them.

As part of the Australia 2020 summit, Australian schools are invited to
take part in shaping Australia's future through running their own School
Summits in late March this year.

Small groups of students will be brought together to talk about key areas
of interest for the future and invited to put forward ideas for making
this country an even better place to live.

If you are interested in participating in the Australian Schools Summit
and having your ideas heard, talk to your parents and your teacher about
registering your school to take part ..

--

Cheers, people
Stephen Loosley