[English] The Learning Federation

Corby, Patricia R patricia.corby at education.tas.gov.au
Sat Jun 7 12:53:48 EST 2008

What they produce in terms of Learning Objects and Digital Resources are excellent. I depend on them for my online teaching and also for F2F when sourcing authentic resources.
The digital resources are gathered from a wide range of national and state museums, art galleries, CSIRO, etc etc meaning that any student anywhere can access these digitally.
I believe the money spent is definitely worth it. Their content repository is far more than just a website!
They also call on teachers to join focus groups and to contribute time and expertise to advising on educational content and usage in classrooms so that their materials are targeted to what is needed and well used. As teachers we have real input and should take every opportunity to offer this and to use the excellent resources available. If you haven't been involved maybe you haven't accepted the offer to be so? I have, and have found it mutually beneficial.
All their studies etc are available online and worth reading.
I cannot speak highly enough of them and I would urge others on this distribution list to utilise the resources and support them if not already doing so.

Patricia Corby
 Tasmanian Online Network
c/- Geilston Bay High School
271 East Derwent Highway