[English] Vic ergo PD for free

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Jul 29 15:52:57 EST 2008

Hi all,

Linda kindly writes re free PD for Vic English/Hums/Library school folk:

 www.slv.vic.gov.au/ergo/for_teachers

> From:   ergo at slv.vic.gov.au
> Date:   Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:52:48 +1000
> Subject:   free ergo PD - now taking bookings

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in the ergo website.

We are currently offering free professional development sessions to
schools in the metro area (including towns within a 100km radius (approx.)

I am currently taking bookings for Terms 3/4 and am available to visit
schools anytime, based on my availability.

Sessions usually run for about at hour and all I need is access to the
internet and a data projector (or alternatively an IWB). Although a
specific number of teachers is not required, most schools have had 15-70
staff at events so far.  Larger sessions often involved different schools
in the area or were whole school PDs. If you only have a few staff
interested, it may be that you could attend another session in your area.

If you have something in mind, please let me know.

Here is a short blurb about ergo if you'd like to gauge interest from
staff .  Humanities, English and Library staff are most likely to find the
session useful.

----------------
The State Library of Victoria has recently developed ergo -
http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/ergo, a new information and critical literacy
website for secondary students and teachers.

ergo provides practical guides to research, essay writing and study skills
as well as over 500 digitised resources from the State Library's
collection. The site also supports students through the essay writing and
research process - from finding reliable websites, planning and developing
an argument and selecting relevant quotes through to writing
bibliographies using the Author-Date System.

As well as supporting English and interdisciplinary literacy skills ergo
also includes over 500 digitised primary sources for Humanities teachers
and librarians.

The ergo professional development program guides teachers through the site
and explores classroom applications and student resources.
----------------

Please give me a call if you have any questions or would like to book a
session.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Linda Angeloni
Content Producer, ergo
State Library of Victoria
(03) 8664 7057

ergo: A practical guide to research, essay writing and studying.

www.vic.gov.au/ergo  and
www.slv.vic.gov.au/ergo/for_teachers
--

Cheers Linda