[English] Fwd: [OZTL_NET] Fiction Focus blog - Wednesday update

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Jul 9 21:34:19 EST 2008

Forwarded from the CSU OzTeacherLibrarian mailing list:

Hi all,

I know a lot of people are on holidays but I will keep the Wednesday
routine going so that those who are checking their mail can see what we
have been up to in the past week on the Fiction Focus blog.

 http://cmisevalff.edublogs.org/

* We have had a reply from US author Linda Urban about the way her latest
title is being marketed in Australia

* There is a link to a wonderful interview where Neil Gaiman talks to
his friend of two decades, Terry Pratchett, who has been diagnosed with
Alzheimer's disease

* The latest Horn Book magazine has gone partly online -  follow the link
to read articles

* A podcast about the science of the value of reading

* The sad news of the death of WA author Diana Chase

We have added a Google search button so that you can search the site
effectively for that article you know you have read but can't remember the
tags or when it was added

Don't forget the extra pages. The seeds of a deli.cio.us tag cloud have
been sprinkled on a new FF weblinks page. This will grow as we tag more
pages into deli.cio.us.

And we are not at all ambitious -  we just want to have the best directory
of YA authors and illustrators on the web.

The blogs page now links to 46 author blogs (23 Australian; 23 Int) and
the links to author/illustrator websites now number 140 (53 Australian
and 87 International).

For those who are on holidays, I hope the weather is kind, or at least
conducive to reading.

More news next week

Judi

BTW -  Issue 2 of Fiction Focus is almost ready to go to the printer -  we
hope to have it ready for subscribers by the end of the month.
Officer Evaluation (CMIS)
Joint Editor, Fiction Focus
Department of Education and Training 151 Royal Street  EAST PERTH WA 6004
Phone: 08 92644931 Fax: 08 9264 5708 Email: judi.jagger at det.wa.edu.au
Fiction Focus Blog: http://cmisevalff.edublogs.org/
--

Cheers Judi