[English] Re: Sue's spam

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Thu Jul 3 02:31:45 EST 2008

Sue, and all ..

What a delightful email Sue, thanks for this explanation, but you know one
can well imagine Dumbledore sending his (ict) wizard colleagues a message.
Hmm, what can it mean .. maybe we should all purchase Chinese motorcycles?

On the other hand as you say, it quite likely means that your email adress
book (with us in it) has been spammed by a very obnoxious, and, in Aussie,
thoroughly illegal viral marketing beastie. I'd be running every virus url
there is, and there are quite a number of free online virus checker urls :)

You can certainly get their Hotmail address closed readily enough via the
complaints url, and their ISP '188.com' is meant to reply to an email sent
to admin at 188.com, who will yank their web site if they do illegal things,
just forward a copy of our spam the attack on your computer produced. Easy.

Please dont worry if we get one or two more spams. We know you are trying
and fix it when you can. Most important, continue having a great time Sue.

Cheers
Stephen
Moderator

http://www.edulists.com.au/pipermail/english/attachments/20080630/90b46f9b/

Not happy with your email
address?.>
Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available
> now at Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html
now at Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server