[English] Charles Leadbeater .. free lecture

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Mon Aug 25 01:08:15 EST 2008

Charles Leadbeater: We Think: The Power of Mass Creativity

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 from 01:30 PM - 02:45 PM

Type: Lecture
Venue: State Library of Victoria
Contact Email: hcurry at slv.vic.gov.au
Contact Phone: 8664 7113
Cost: Free

On Wednesday September 17th, the State Library of Victoria will be hosting
an afternoon with influential UK ideas-generator Charles Leadbeater; his
only public lecture during his visit to Melbourne.

Leadbeater’s presentation at the Library will focus on the themes of his
new book, We Think: The Power of Mass Creativity.

In We Think, Leadbeater argues that we now have the technology to create
collaborative projects on a massive scale. Sighting success stories such
as Wikipedia the Human Genome Project and Open Source computing, the book
suggests ways to harness the power of collective, collaborative thinking
to generate mass innovation.  http://www.cci.edu.au
--

Nb: The first 3 chapters of the book, and the whole first draft, are here:

 http://www.wethinkthebook.net/home.aspx

--
Cheers people
Stephen Loosley