[English] ABC in Google Earth

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Sat Aug 16 23:27:52 EST 2008

> From:  George Bray <georgebray at gmail.com>
> Date:  Thu, 14 Aug 2008 21:47:54 +1000
> Subject:  [LINK] ABC Earth

More fantastic online media innovation from Aunty.

   George

The ABC Earth content layer (to be viewed using the Google Earth
4.3 application) is a trial that consists of video, images and content
developed by the ABC.

The layer includes national news and video news updated every 5 minutes,
stories from 50 Years of national and international news, Foreign
Correspondent as well as Local Radio.

 http://abc.net.au/earth

George Bray, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.

--

Thanks G .. going forward, ABC Earth may appear a pedagogical imperative.

Not forgetting the ABC VOD and iView streams: essential & free for schools?

 * the ABC 'Video on Demand' service: http://www.abc.net.au/vod/

 * the ABC InternetTelevision 'iView' service: http://www.abc.net.au/iview

Cheers George
Stephen Loosley
Member, Victorian
Institute of teaching

   http://abc.net.au/earth

GoogleEarth 4.3 applications and ABC content available on-site

Frequently Asked Questions (site-links)

What type of content has the ABC published using Google Earth?
Why Use a 3D Globe like Google Earth to view ABC Content?
How do I view the ABC Earth content in Google Earth?
How do I use Google Earth?
How do I navigate ABC content in Google Earth?
How do I listen to the Newcastle radio stream in Google Earth?
What technical requirements are there for Google Earth?
Can the ABC content layer be viewed by Google Earth in a browser?
Can I view the ABC Earth content layer on a Mac?
Was your question not answered?
Visit Google Earth support here.