[English] Texts

Lyle Stebbing lylestebbing at yahoo.com.au
Tue Aug 12 21:07:25 EST 2008

Dear Simon.
We do 'The Reader' at year 11 at CAE - it is a fantastic novel and works brilliantly - simple, direct language yet complex issues and an astonishing impact - and it's about a young person! I tried to get it accepted as year 12 text for several years but the Text Selection Committee was too nervous to nominate it as text because of the 'adult' content in a few scenes. I thoroughly recommend it as accessible but challenging. I think University High also teaches it at year 11. CAE will be happy to share our resources with you if you select it.
Lyle

      Win a MacBook Air or iPod touch with Yahoo!7. http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset