[English] Issues Thanks and off-topic request

Max Duthie mduthie at ncable.net.au
Sat Apr 19 15:45:03 EST 2008

Hello Jan,

JM> Ours have the week off formal classes for the week of mid-year
JM> exams (Tues/Wed) and GAT (Thurs) but on the Friday , we run a full
JM> length practice English exam. The students who haven't had to sit
JM> proper exams in the previous days are expected to prepare
JM> properly, the others the best they can The Monday that week is
JM> Queen's Birthday hol so that gives students a long weekend for study.
JM> cheers
JM> Jan

Thanks Jan,

of course this year you will run the practice English exam on the
Thursday, won't you ? :)

As the only VCE English teacher in a small college, I have run a
practice exam on the last Friday of Term 3 as I feel the kids still
had work to do on Part 2 essay responses during Term 3. I have always
had them assessed by an independent marker who doesn't know the kids,
so it adds a touch of realism to the exam.

Interested to hear other people's experience with practice exams and
mid-year swat vac.

 Max                            mailto:mduthie at ncable.net.au