[English] Help, It's Issues Time !!

Max Duthie mduthie at ncable.net.au
Wed Apr 2 13:24:02 EST 2008

Hi Colleagues,

I think I have just about got my head around the Context work
(although if anyone else out there is teaching Identity and Belonging,
I'd love to hear from you).

But, I've been doing some planning over the break and have just
realised that "Using Language to Persuade" is coming up fast on the radar !!

Have people given any thought as to the issue they might be using.
I've looked at the apology (a bit too political perhaps, esp. in a
Christian school) and the Bay Dredging. Also a local issue of fluoride
in drinking water; but none of them really grab me at this stage.

Does anyone out there have any bright ideas or resources ?

Max Duthie
Ballarat Christian College

  mailto:mduthie at ncable.net.au