[English] Areas of Study for Foundation English

Janet McCurry jmccurry at sac.vic.edu.au
Tue Jul 10 20:03:37 EST 2007

Hi Max.  It's pretty clear that you have to do two different optins - one for each of the  semester Units.  This si outlined in the material on Structure in the Introduction.  However, I would imagine that you could make the texts the kids have bought a component of one of the other options.  What are the texts?  Happy holidays!  Janet McCurry

Janet McCurry
English Coordinator
Sacre Coeur
>>> Max Duthie <mduthie at ncable.net.au> 07/10/07 11:43 AM >>>
Hi listers,

i am teaching Foundation English to our Year 10s for the first time
this year. I've managed to get through Semester 1 reasonably well, but
am seeking some clarification about Semester 2.

Because this was a late decision to introduce FE to all Year 10s
instead of Yr 10 English, I inherited the book list from that subject.
Consequently I have a dilemma. Am I able to choose the same optional
area of study for semester 2 as I did in Semester 1 ? My reason for
this is that we have texts from the book list as yet unstudied and
they don't really fit into any other area but AOS4 "The Study of
Texts" ?

I'd be grateful for some opinions. I've trawled through the Study
Design, but have not been able to find a definitive statement one way
or the other.

In anticipation

Max Duthie

                      mailto:mduthie at ncable.net.au

This email and any attachments may be confidential and, if you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information in this email. If received in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email and all copies. The school does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free. Any attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the recipient assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of this email and/or attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of Sacre Coeur.