[English] Areas of Study for Foundation English

Max Duthie mduthie at ncable.net.au
Tue Jul 10 11:43:58 EST 2007

Hi listers,

i am teaching Foundation English to our Year 10s for the first time
this year. I've managed to get through Semester 1 reasonably well, but
am seeking some clarification about Semester 2.

Because this was a late decision to introduce FE to all Year 10s
instead of Yr 10 English, I inherited the book list from that subject.
Consequently I have a dilemma. Am I able to choose the same optional
area of study for semester 2 as I did in Semester 1 ? My reason for
this is that we have texts from the book list as yet unstudied and
they don't really fit into any other area but AOS4 "The Study of
Texts" ?

I'd be grateful for some opinions. I've trawled through the Study
Design, but have not been able to find a definitive statement one way
or the other.

In anticipation

Max Duthie

                      mailto:mduthie at ncable.net.au