[English] Howard launches Donnelly

Lyle Stebbing lylestebbing at yahoo.com.au
Mon Feb 12 14:32:38 EST 2007

Surely no one is surprised about Howard's comments,
nor his support for Donnelly. Howard's attacks on
teachers are a totally predictable part of his policy
of undermining state education and creating a fully
privatised system that promotes conservative values.
However, what is equally appalling is the failure of
the VIT to defend teachers against these frequent
attacks. What does this body do with the fees we're
forced to pay - apart from producing its pointless and
vacuous magazine? It does nothing to support teachers
or education in the way that the AMA defends doctors.
VIT is a disgrace and teachers should be loudly
condemning it.
Regards,
Lyle

--- Mary Mason <mary.mason at geelongcollege.vic.edu.au>