[English] Look Both Ways

Janet McCurry JMcCurry at sac.vic.edu.au
Mon Feb 5 13:15:28 EST 2007

there's a study guide on the dvd- and VATE has an excellent Inside
stories of course...well worth getting.

Janet McCurry
English Coordinator
Sacre Coeur

>>> Scott Bulfin <scott.bulfin at education.monash.edu.au> 05/02/2007
12:46 pm >>>
I'm sure it goes without saying that you'd want to do something with
the animation.

Oh and the ace soundtrack

http://www.inertia-music.com/catalogue/35949/Various/
Look_Both_Ways_Soundtrack/

Might be interesting to look at other films that 'tangle lives' and
deal with serious emotional stuff like 'Magnolia' (Paui Thomas
Anderson) and Altman's 'Short Cuts' both of which IMHO are both
cracker films

the film's marketing might make an interesting lesson too: website,
blog, meryl's artworks etc

and what might we make of this film in the larger historic australian

film context?

is ATOM planning a study guide I wonder?

scott

On 05/02/2007, at 11:53 AM, Rosie Mackay wrote:

> Thank you for your quick replies. It is our fourth text, so I am
just
> planning and gathering resources at the moment. I haven't heard
> about the PD
> days- nothing on the website (I'm only sessional, so I may have
missed
> correspondence)... what are the details? The students should have
> ordered
> copies with their text books, but I am not sure if they did. I
> wanted to get
> myself a copy to help with planning, so I hope they aren't sold
> out. Have
> you tried ezydvd? They are online and also at northland I think.
> Rosie

èµ__________________________________________________________________________________
This email and any attachments may be confidential and, if you are not
the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information in
this email. If received in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the email and all copies. The school does not guarantee that
this email is virus or error free. Any attached files are provided and
may only be used on the basis that the recipient assumes all
responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or
indirectly from the use of this email and/or attached files, whether
caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and opinions
in this email are not necessarily those of Sacre Coeur.