[English] VIT's policing role

Caruso, Greta Caruso.G at kingswoodcollege.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 13 13:38:40 EST 2007

For those who have serious misgivings about the role of the VIT in this
and previous cases, there is a VIT review in process.
I have no more idea about it than the section below which is straight
from the VIT website, and I wonder who the "Key groups" might be. In
regards this issue and others it seems that VIT not only fails to
represent teachers, but is to the right of talkback radio.

I have a difference of opinion with some of my VATE friends on the
performance of the VIT and find it even more of a worry that the unions
seem to have a conciliatory stance.

To my mind VIT publications are as empty as government
advertorials(complete with innumerable baby-kissing, ribbon cutting,
self-congratulatory photos) and I have found the coverage of issues
related to teacher de-registration to be more thoughtful and balanced in
S-Press.

For anyone who feels like submitting to the review (Run by the
government, not teachers, of course!) the details are below.

Greta Caruso

The Minister for Education, John Lenders, has appointed Frank King to
conduct the review.
Public submissions based on the terms of reference will be accepted
until close of business on
Tuesday, 18th September 2007. Mr King will also meet key groups to
assist in his examination.
Mr King will deliver a report to the Minister by 31st December 2007.
How can submissions be made?
Submissions can be made electronically to vit at hlbvic.com.au or by mail
to:
VIT Review