[English] Tim Bain

Mary Mason mary.mason at geelongcollege.vic.edu.au
Wed Oct 4 14:58:27 EST 2006

Hi - This year and last year we had  Tim Bain work with us. I would not normally write to advertise but he has been so good and I'm sure like me many of you are wondering how to build up the skills of teachers in film making and editing. Tim is a film maker and works with teachers and students when they make films in English classes - both primary and secondary. In our Grade 6 classroom, he worked on creative films and documentaries, at Year 7 he worked on a shootout, Year 8, documentaries, and Year 9 in a media course. He teachers them how to  make films and how to edit them. He's even written a manual for our school which the students and teachers find very useful. His classes are doing classes. He's fun with the kids. The second motive for me was to help develop the teachers' in film making. He is highly successful at this and as a professional development model it is great because he works alongside the teachers in classes so they don't miss them. If you would be interested in booking hime, he is available from www.bookedout.com.au

Cheers

Mary

>>> stephen at melbpc.org.au 20/09/2006 2:22 am >>>
Congratulations to 25 school clusters for their placings in the
Aus Gov, 'Values Education Good Practice Schools Project'

With world events, moderate but solid values education might
appear quite appropriate in terms of normal student well-being.

There's a classroom kit: www.valueseducation.edu.au/values/

And, did you know, this Thursday is International Day of Peace?

http://www.valueseducation.edu.au/values/default.asp?id=15622

"Thursday, 21 September 2006:  The International Day of Peace
provides an opportunity for individuals, organisations and nations
to create practical acts of peace on a shared date. The International
Day of Peace highlights the United Nations Decade for a Culture of Peace
and Non-Violence for the Children of the World, 2001 to 2010."

There's a fairly extensive list of Australian events .. maybe locally?

www.internationaldayofpeace.org/peaceday/australia/index.htm
-

Note, zero political
statement intended.
Stephen Loosley :-)
Victoria, Australia.

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server