[English] Important .. New English List Information

Maryann Brown m.brown at ballarat.edu.au
Thu May 25 15:49:59 EST 2006

Hi All
Thanks for sorting the list out, I find it an invaluable way to keep
track of debates. As a known hoarder of emails I have most of the
threads since about September last year (from 'English lite' on). If
anyone is feeling bereft at the loss of the list I am happy to forward
particular threads to you. Kathy's point today about workloads is
interesting and well worth exploring. I've discovered university
workloads are just as demanding as schools. I wonder if part of the
problem is that we are all working so hard  that we don't actually have
time to stop and think carefully about how to 'reimagine' or reframe
our workloads. If anyone is interested in pursuing some thinking about
this in the second part of the year please let me know.
Another matter entirely...My  English curriculum students are hoping to
work with the Technology curriculum students to develop some work around
Matthew Reilly's 'Hovercar Racer'. Just wondering if anyone has used
this book in any way in schools?
cheers
Maryann

Maryann Brown
Course Coordinator
Graduate Diploma of Education (Secondary)
University of Ballarat
PO Box 663
Ballarat Victoria 3353
AUSTRALIA

phone: +61 3 53279749
fax: +61 3 53279717
email: m.brown at ballarat.edu.au
>>> stephen at skyoptic.com.au 05/25/06 12:10 AM >>>
Hi all,

Well said, Scott .. your email is excellent advice.

And thanks Prue, Mary, Jill and ppl for your thanks :-)

Just to let everyone know, the ppl whom requested thus
have been un-subscribed; and the hope is that people can
manage your own membership, appropriate to your needs.

There won't be any more out-of-office mail loops flooding
our respective in-boxes. When I established the old English
list in 2001 kindly sponsored by myinternet Ltd (ex-schools
net), coding was in place to prevent this. But, as you can see
from the time the last flood email was sent it took three early
morning calls to myinternet getting them to kill the run-away
process. Unfortunately in doing so they killed the curriculum
schools.net domain, including our English list email archives.

So, sorry folks .. but unless myinternet Ltd can pull the rabbit
out of the hat, so to speak, at present it appears that 4 valuable
years of email archives for our old English list are unavailable.

Now, because of Kevork's magnificent EduList resource, we've
many new resources available, including a daily-digest of emails
and a place to upload/download shared resources etc, & archives.

We are a sizeable and influential group of ed professionals whom
with our training might well achieve much via our sure and steady
new profesional resource ... why not invite appropriate colleagues
to visit the website http://www.edulists.com.au and join in as well.

Whatever, this resource is everyone's, make use of it as you will :-)

Cheers all ..
Stephen Loosley
Victorian Institute
of Teaching Member