[English] VELS PD

Stephen Loosley stephen at skyoptic.com.au
Fri Jun 2 00:27:13 EST 2006

Hi Scott and all,

Agree absolutely Scott. Must admit didn't check the conference
charges, (top-notch presenters, mind, eg Sandy Phillips), and the
conference should be twice the length, or half the $200 entrance.

Not sure how VATE are travelling regards VELS pd, but it really
is essential. VELS is a major step and, IT no longer a KLA, needs
quite some discussion for equitable school based implementation.

And of course, and as usual, the 2 subsidized Vic Ed Dpt 'subject
associations' whom appear the most appropriate to offer us VELS
teacher-pd, that's the ICTEV and VITTA, are busy drinking coffee.

Ahh well, I guess we will have to wait for the text-book publishers
to catch up and then frantically try to remember the exercises while
browsing visiting book-seller tables in the staff room at lunchtime,
again, as usual :-)