[English] The I am not in the office spam -- from the Administrator

Mary Mason mary.mason at geelongcollege.vic.edu.au
Fri Jul 14 07:38:27 EST 2006

Thank you very much.

Mary

>>> kevork at edulists.com.au 13/07/2006 9:53 pm >>>
Dear long suffering English teachers,

      The dreaded out of offce spam has been killed off.
I have also built in some extra filtering so that if the exact
characters "out of office" appear in an email subject ANYWHERE, the
email will be killed off without hitting the list. There are ways around
it , such as an extra space between the words, but we we will assume
people who are genuinely out of the office will be able to construct the
phrase with the correct spelling and spacing and will have it in the
subject of the email. We will deal with variations if and when we have
to.
     There may be some testing in the next few days just to ensure the
filtering is working as expected, however do not be alarmed as the out
of office subject line will state it is for testing only.
       The damage seems to have been done between midnight and 9 am
this morning  ( Thursday ).

        I know this filtering works because I wrote this email with the
subject:
    "The Out of Office SPAM -- from the Administrator " and it never
got through , hence the re-phrasing of the subject line on the second
attempt ::)))

We move forward.

With thanks

Kevork Krozian
Mailing List Creator and Administrator
kevork at edulists.com.au
www.edulists.com.au
Tel: 0419 356 034

kevork at edulists.com.au
www.edulists.com.au
Tel: 0419 356 034
--
Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and
content filtering.

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error then please notify the sender immediately.  The contents represent the views or opinions of the author only and are not necessarily made on behalf of the School.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses; the School does not accept liability for any damage caused by a transmitted virus.