[English] Media Release: www.enhancetv.com.au

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Thu Aug 3 21:51:06 EST 2006

Hi all,

Virginia Gordon (Screenrights) writes ..

> We have this week launched a new non-profit service
> which we believe will be of great interest to teachers and
> teacher/librarians across Australia. I have attached a copy
> of the release.
>
> Virginia Gordon
> Public Affairs Manager
> Screenrights
>
> PO Box 1248
> Neutral Bay  NSW  2089
> Australia
>
> p +61 2 9904 0133 (Thursdays)
> f +61 2 9904 0498
> m 0414 389 551
>
> www.screen.org
> www.enhanceTV.com.au - helping you teach, improving your reach

MEDIA RELEASE

July 26, 2006

New online store delivers access to educational TV

Australian teachers and students now have access to an unprecedented
volume of educational television programs and teaching resources through
the new EnhanceTV online store, launched today.

With just the click of a button at www.enhancetv.com.au
<http://www.enhancetv.com.au/> educators can order high-quality
subscription and free-to-air programs as well as media studies articles.

Delivered within seven days in either DVD or VHS format, this unique non-
profit service meets the demands of teachers schedules, and ensures
Australian students are well-informed on the issues that shape our world.
The online store grows with each new week of educational television.

EnhanceTV was created by Screenrights, the audiovisual copyright society
that licences Australian schools, TAFE colleges and universities to copy
educational programs from television.

Teachers can download over 450 free study guides for popular programs and
films at www.enhancetv.com.au <http://www.enhancetv.com.au/>  to
complement and expand the existing curriculum.

Top downloads include Rolf de Heer's Ten Canoes, winner of the Special
Jury prize at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival; Honey We¹re Killing the
Kids, the popular series examining children's nutrition, and Phillip
Noyce's Rabbit Proof Fence, the thought-provoking drama based on a true
story. Even light entertainment is covered with Hollywood blockbusters
such as Shrek and Ice Age.

Other exclusive free resources on EnhanceTV help cut down the workload in
lesson preparation. These include a weekly email newsletter containing
educational TV highlights and notice of new study guides and free
screenings, an online TV guide, and feature articles. Weekly podcasts and
daily RSS feeds* on the website give educators the most topical
information at their fingertips.

Jamie LeHuray, Manager for EnhanceTV, said: 'This exciting initiative not
only supports Australian students and teachers, but also the local film
and television industry. EnhanceTV makes the best educational programs
accessible to Australian teachers, whether they're in a remote country
town or the heart of the city.'  ...
--

Thanks Barbara
Regards Virginia