[elearning] Student survey for your use

Groves, Brett G groves.brett.g at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Sep 21 09:29:33 EST 2012

Hi all,

Some folk found use from the staff ICT survey I posted a while back, here is the student version. Same deal, use any part of it you wish, reconfigure as you choose, again the Lime Survey export file is available or XML for Survey Monkey if you'd like it. Just drop me a line.

Kind Regards,

Brett Groves
ICT Manager
Croydon Maroondah College
Croydon Campus

(PS Still recovering from the shock of the unexpected results, it really pays to collect this type of data rather than rely on presumptions)
Student ICT Survey
A short survey on the Information and communication technology at CMC for students to help us plan future programs. 10 x  $20 iTunes vouchers are on offer for students who complete this survey. Prizes will be drawn randomly from the list of students who complete the survey. The survey is completely anonymous other than it ticks off who finishes the survey, responses are not linked to  any individual.
Good luck with winning a prize!
Thank you for starting this important survey.
Remember the survey is completely anonymous.
Only who finishes the survey is recorded, the responses of each individual cannot be traced back to them.
You should be completely honest.
Prizes!
$20 iTunes Cards
When you complete this survey you will go into the draw for 1 of 10 $20 iTunes Cards.
We'll let you know by email if you win the draw.
Good luck!
There are 21 questions in this survey
Information
Throughout this survey the abbreviation ICT will be used.
ICT stands for information and computer technology and includes any electronic device or application you use to communicate or process information.
A Smartphone for example, is a piece of ICT equipment as are laptops, netbooks,iPads, iPods, data projectors, printers etc.
1 [18]Which campus did you mainly study at during 2012 *
Please choose only one of the following:
2 [20]What year level are you in this year? *
Please choose only one of the following:
Devices
3 [1]
My current learning device in the classroom is;
*
Please choose only one of the following:

4 [2]
If I had a choice of device in the classroom to help me most with my learning it would be
*
Please choose only one of the following:

Text Book
5 [17]To assist your learning, would you prefer to use a text book that is printed or electronic? *
Please choose only one of the following:
6 [3]
If you were to use an electronic textbook would your prefer, to assist your learning, a PDF document or documents you can download to your device or access to an online text book that includes multimedia and interactive content but cannot be downloaded?
*
Please choose only one of the following:

Support
7 [4]
Please rate the following, where 1 is poor and 5 is great;
Help at school with finding out how to do things on my device.
*
Please choose only one of the following:
8 [5]
Please rate the following, where 1 is poor and 5 is great;
Help at school with getting hardware** working correctly.
**Hardware means things like an iPad or a netbook or a printer not programs or apps.
*
Please choose only one of the following:
BYOT
BYOT is short for bring your own technology and means that any suitable device can be brought to school and can access learning resources.
This might include things like smartphones, ipods, tablets, laptops. It means be able to use the device that suits you to assist your learning.
9 [6]
A  BYOT program** would have a positive effect on my learning.
**(in place of the current program of either an iPad or netbook maintained by the school)
*
Please choose only one of the following:
10 [7]
A BYOT program would make it easier for me to access school learning resources
(Consider issues such as cost, portability and ease of use for the type of work you do)
*
Please choose only one of the following:
Teacher
11 [8]
My teachers use ICT to make lessons interesting
*
Please choose only one of the following:
12 [9]
My teachers use ICT to allow the class to communicate
*
Please choose only one of the following:
13 [10]My teachers are competent in the use of ICT *
Please choose only one of the following:
Negative Issues
14 [11]What issues with ICT in the school do you feel most frustrate your learning? *
Please write your answer here:

Positive Issues
15 [12]What have you found in ICT that you use, that really helps your learning? *
Please write your answer here:

What you would like to try
16 [13]
What would you like to try with ICT that would really help with your learning that you currently can't do at school?
*
Please write your answer here:

17 [14]
What would you like your teachers to try with ICT, that would really help your learning, that they currently don't do at school or don't do enough of?
*
Please write your answer here:

18 [22]What are the most important skills in ICT that you believe you should leave school with? *
Please write your answer here:

Software
19 [15]What programs or apps would like to be used at school that currently are not? *
Please write your answer here:

Hardware
20 [16]
What ICT hardware** would you like to use at school that currently is not there or not used?
**Hardware means things like an iPad or a netbook or a printer not programs or apps.
*
Please write your answer here:

Communication
21 [23]What would be your most preferred way to communicate and collaborate with teachers and other students when at school? *
Please write your answer here:

Thank you.
Your name has been entered in the draw for an iTunes Card

01.01.1970 - 10:00

Submit your survey.
Thank you for completing this survey.