[elearning] Query on iPad research ....

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Wed Sep 5 08:13:51 EST 2012

Hi Folks,

Really interesting discussion. You make a great point Ziad.

The barometer I guess for many years has been John Hattie with his extensive
work on "effect size" with 2 groups holding everything else as constant as
possible except the one difference.

Quoting : The most prominent meta-meta-analyst in education is probably
<http://www.education.auckland.ac.nz/uoa/home/about/staff/j.hattie> John
Hattie, whose work draws on "a total of about 800 meta-analyses, which
encompassed 52,637 studies, and provided 146,142 effect sizes [...] these
studies are based on many millions of students" (Hattie, 2009; 15) -
http://www.learningandteaching.info/teaching/what_works.htm

Actually I recently compiled a long list of resources trying to separate
digitization from eLearning - see http://delicious.com/kkrozian

I would be interested to hear further about what learning actually takes
place rather than what application is used. The paper mentioned by Trudy is
really worthwhile and I recommend people have a look at it as it does try to
balance all the views.

I would also be very interested to hear from schools who have gone iPad 7 -
12 and how they have managed delivery of those studies that require more
than what iPads have delivered to date such as VCE IT, media and existing
web based flash based resources such as in LOTE, Maths, that have not been
upgraded to date.

Are any schools using remote desktop from the student iPads to teach any of
these classes ?

Kind Regards

Kevork Krozian

Edulists Creator Administrator