[elearning] Strategies for dealing with communications overload?

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 23:14:22 EST 2012

If you want to get it out there, you need broad coverage using a range of
different media. Same way that you get the ABC gets information out. On
websites, email alerts, twitter posts, handouts even Facebook and Google+.
Ultimately, let the user decide and don't fuss about the medium.

Whilst I love web hosted files and electronic information boards, I am
still like glancing at retro A4 notices that have been printed and pinned
to notice boards as I dash off to my first class. Each to his own I guess.

Regards Roland

On 26 August 2012 12:58, Victor Rajewski <victor.rajewski at jmss.vic.edu.au>wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've been noticing over the past few years that many emails between
> students, teachers and parents aren't being read or acted on. I'm thinking
> that we are moving into an era of communications overload. Given electronic
> communication is now deeply entrenched in our schools (many schools now
> having a 1:1 program in place, and plenty of students now carry smart
> phones with unfiltered Internet), how are others dealing with this? While
> it is tempting to consider just school communications, I think that this
> needs to discuss personal communications habits as well.
>
> Any pointers to resources on this would also be useful.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Victor Rajewski
> eServices Manager
> John Monash Science School
> +61 3 9902 9828

> Authority and
> Teachers Association Inc

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead