[elearning] offtopic: burning netbook hardware decisions

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed May 18 18:27:52 EST 2011

Rob and I are currently evaluating two different netbook devices for our
college for a 1:1 senior student deployment, comparing Acer Aspire 1830T
with the Levono X201

The Acer is slightly better spec'd, 4 year warranty, slightly lighter,
cheaper screen replacement cost ($160 vs $450) and our techs strongly favour
the Levono as it seems to have more solid looking parts, screws etc. I know
this is off topic but I am a bit concerned about the backup, support for
both and would like some anecdotal feedback and honest thoughts (either on
or off list) that I can pass on from anybody that is already using either
model in a 1:1 program.

  Roland Gesthuizen - Learning Technology Coordinator
Keysborough Secondary College <http://www.keysboroughsc.vic.edu.au>, Acacia
Campus

B.App.Sci., M.Ed.(ICT), ACCE Professional Associate, Educator of the year
2010

*"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can
change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead*