[elearning] Some help re innovative ICT programs

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:22:30 EST 2011

(blush)

.. I should note that Kevork is originally from Forest Hill SC and has only
just moved to Ringwood SC this year. I had a sneak peek at what they are up
to at a recent VITTA PD. To be honest mate, much of the really good stuff is
out there online.

I was at a leadership seminar with hundreds of IT leaders today. When we
were asked to hold up hands who brought laptops and who brought mobile
devices, we were all superised by the sea of iPads and iPhones that were
held up, a good 40% that clearly outnumbered netbooks and laptops. Without
giving too much away, this was only the tip of the iceberg for what we can
expect over the next few years.

Regards Roland (From Philadelphia PA, ISTE2011)

On 26 June 2011 19:43, Adam Barbary <at.barbary at ballarat.edu.au> wrote:

>  Brett,
>
> Roland is far too humble, you should talk to him too.
>
> :-)
>
> Adam Barbary
> University of Ballarat

> Kevork at Ringwood SC, Don Collins at Coburg SHS are a great start.
> Michelle Cox at the ICTEV has a couple on a list that she had compiled for
> the ACCE2010 conference. I saw some good things at a couple of schools in
> NZ.
>
> Regards Roland
>
> On 24 June 2011 01:30, Brett Groves <groves.brett.g at edumail.vic.gov.au>wrote:
>
>> 1 week to go! Hooray! This has been a long term no matter who you speak
>> to.
>>
>> Asking for some collective wisdom from the list. Looking at the
>> possibility of visiting schools either locally or OS that are renown for
>> particularly innovative ICT programs. Ideas anyone?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Brett Groves
>> ICT Manager
>> Croydon Secondary College
>>

>> Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If
>> received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening
>> or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any
>> loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender
>> or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files
>> our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any
>> representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender,
>> and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early Childhood
>> Development.
>> Authority and
>> http://www.vitta.org.au - VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers
>> Association Inc

> and

 <http://globe.gov/about/>  <http://www.google.com/educators/gta.html> Roland
Gesthuizen - Learning Technologies Coordinator
Keysborough Secondary College <http://www.keysboroughsc.vic.edu.au>, Acacia
Campus

B.App.Sci., M.Ed.(ICT), ACCE Professional Associate, Educator of the year
2010

*"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can
change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead*