[elearning] 2010 October - feature: do schools need ICT?

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Nov 15 12:57:49 EST 2010

I agree Roland, to borrow from Bill Clinton - "It's the curriculum, stupid."
It's not about the app or the platform or the delivery vector, it's about utilising them to deliver a curriculum that today's students see as relevant.
YMMV but I have found that the single biggest blocker is still "Is this going to be on the exam?" or "When are we ever going to need this?"
Kids no longer simply accept why they have to learn what we shove down their throats.
I use ICT to deliver, access and process content, but I find my biggest challenge is putting the curriculum into context and relevance for kids.
Cheers
Cameron