[elearning] Ipads in education

Tim Kitchen tkitchen at strathcona.vic.edu.au
Thu Nov 4 13:26:39 EST 2010

Hi Joyce,

One of the  great things about iPads for students with learning difficulties is the Accessibility options within the General Settings. The option of VoiceOver, Zooming the screen size, working with White on Black and Speak Auto-text are some of the great features for those with learning and or physical difficulties.

The other great advantages of the iPad in the classroom for all students and teachers include:

- instant boot up (no more waiting)
- 1000s of great apps
- everything you need (Internet, Word Processing, YouTube, Text books, Dictionary, iTunes, iPod, Videos,  PDF access Calendar, eMail, etc etc) in one very light weight, not to big and not to small device

Very Cool!

The ideal ICT in the classroom - or anywhere for that matter

Not the way of the future - the way of the current.

Ta

Tim Kitchen
Strathcona BGGS