[elearning] netbook management

Taylor, Charmaine C taylor.charmaine.c at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon May 17 13:22:25 EST 2010

Great info, Thanks

Kind regards

Charmaine Taylor

Assistant Principal
Melton Secondary College

-----Original Message-----
From: elearning-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:elearning-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Claire Adams
Sent: Monday, 10 May 2010 11:49 AM
To: elearning Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [elearning] netbook management

Hi Charmaine,

My school has them on trolleys (I'd recommend 1/2 class set trolleys
of 16ish, otherwise they are too heavy).
Teachers can book them (just like we would a computer room), or any
un-booked laptops can be borrowed individually by students. Our senior
students find this very useful for their study lines.
I'd like us to look into borrowing them through the library catalogue,
it seems to make a lot more sense (and would be better for tracking)
than the paper borrowing honour system we currently use.

Good Luck

Claire Adams
IT Teacher
Cummins Area School