[elearning] A new resource for VCE students - Merspi

James Spittal jspittal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 14:45:40 EST 2009

Hello folks,

I'm a long time subscriber/reader of this mailing list and first time
poster.

I wanted to let you all know about a new e-learning website which I have
launched for VCE students called Merspi. It's a place where students and
educators can ask VCE-related questions and have them answered by other
members of the community. It's very Web 2.0 and it's a bit like Wikipedia,
Digg and Blackboard all rolled into one.

Those of you interested in e-Learning or involved with teaching VCE students
should check out the website: http://merspi.com

The community is still in the very early days (*we've been up and running
for less than a month*) so we'd be really grateful to any teachers who check
out the site and help pass it on to students who might be interested in
using it. Deer Park Secondary College are currently including the resource
as part of their VCE induction program.

The hope is that if it takes off, it could really provide a lot of value to
students: especially those who are potentially unable to afford private
tutoring or private schooling.

We're extremely happy to hear any feedback from the teacher community and
please feel free to pass the website on to your anyone you think who may be
interested.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards,

—