[elearning] Google SVG whiteboard

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 01:17:06 EST 2009

Here is a fascinating bit of hot news, fresh off my Twitter US friends.
Google Docs now includes a whiteboard and it is built on SVG. Some of you
probably read about the interesting work by Bill Kerr with SVG and that with
Inkscape, a cool and free open source SVG drawing program we have used in
our classrooms. This is going to lend some weight behind the standard.

I have been involved with some fascinating collaboration using Google Docs
with different teams editing the same page, at the same time. I am now
interested to try it out with this new function.

The team and technology behind Insert Drawing originally came from the

http://googledocs.blogspot.com/2009/03/drawing-on-your-creativity-in-docs.html

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au