[elearning] Open for Education - VITTA Professional Learning Event

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Mar 26 14:43:55 EST 2009

Good to see. Just wondering who I should recommend it to.
Personally I am not mentioning the "its free" anywhere near as much
anymore. I couch it in terms of accessibility. When I put material on
our LMS, I use Open Office or pdf because it is the only way I can
guarantee that all students can access it. Most might have MSOffice,
but not all. Some may use Macs, Linux, so I tend to use the open file
formats, cross platform advantages etc.
When I put my coordinators hat on, its the cross platform benefits
that carry the most weight and I reckon a statewide Ultranet (IF
implemented properly) will only emphasise this as people move from
school to school and want to share resources.
Cheers
Cameron