[elearning] Sponsorship of school websites

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Mar 18 15:17:40 EST 2009

Whilst there are various points of view as to the relative merits of
such a system and the implications of sponsorship (which many schools
seek for other activities - sports, performances, music etc) I think
the main reason not to do it is that it (IMHO) makes the website look
cheap, cluttered and nasty.
My Prin was quite clear - (paraphrasing) we are not going down that
path - it has nothing to do with our programs and cheapens/trivialises
the website and teaching and learning.
I was very happy to hear that.

Cameron