[elearning] Greening ICT towards Sustainability - ACS 2009 Conference

Lisa Chadderton lisa.chadderton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:02:43 EST 2009

"Greening ICT towards Sustainability"
ACS Victorian Branch 2009 Conference

*ACS Member rates are available to VITTA members!   *
The Victorian Branch 2009 Conference will be held on 15-16 May at the
Novotel Forest Resort in Creswick Victoria.

Join us as we investigate how as ICT Professionals we can be more
environmentally sensitive in the use of computing and how we can mitigate
against future risks.  Hear Symantec’s presentation on Green IT: The Colour
of Money, Hear how Intel is helping in Green ICT, how the ETS (Emissions
Trading Scheme) or Carbon Trading will impact on the ICT Industry, listen to
speakers talk about Cloud Computing and how ICT is contributing to solving
issues with Water Management.

You will have the opportunity to add your experience and knowledge in the
Symposium discussions where you can have your say on such diverse topics as
The Carbon Footprint, Virtual IT Environments, and much more. We also offer
several excellent Professional Development opportunities such as Do More
with Less - Lean Techniques for IT Professionals, Virtual Worlds, The Green
Business Analyst and Learning to Lower Costs and Carbon Emissions with ICT.

This is the number one event for ACS Victoria in 2009 so don't miss the
chance to mix with your peers, share experiences and relax in a superb
environmentally friendly environment.

Want to know more? Visit
http://e2ma.net/go/1803616963/1647323/61330998/goto:http://www.acs.org.au/vic/2009conference/index.cfm?page=Home

*Venue: *     Novotel Forest Resort, 1500 Midland Highway, Creswick, Vic
3363