[elearning] Linux powered laptops

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:17:06 EST 2008

We just got our Linux powered Acer Aspire One laptops up and running (having
used a Linux desktop for our eeePC set) .. more on order.
Ooodles of fun! Easy to manage / image .. they do the job nicely. Even the
technicians are smiling. There will be a lab of this hardware at the VITTA
conference in November along with a lab of OLPC computers.

Looks like NSW are planning to do the same thing.

http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,24490953-15306,00.html

Regards Roland

PS: note that we are not overplaying what they can do .. for Web browsing,
Moodle, Gimp, office and basic stuff like Mathletics they are fine. Power
and multimedia users can go to our SunRay terminals or other fat desktop
clients etc.

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au