[Design and Technology] Units 1 & 2 PD&T

Lisa Walsh lisaw at avilacollege.vic.edu.au
Thu Jan 28 17:44:04 AEDT 2016

Dear Robin,

I would not anticipate that your ideas fulfil the requirements. My
understanding is that Unit 1 has a focus on REdesign and on sustainability
and requires students to work individually on recreating an improved
protoype of a particular product. Unit 2 is quite different and requires
teams rather than pairs. The focus is very much on team work, on the
influence of specific design periods, and human wants/needs design factor.
Unit 2 is a challenging unit to run for 16 to 17 year olds but mirrors the
spirit of design in industry. Unit 1 too is relevant to design practice in
industry also, but both are markedly different.

Regards,

*Lisa Walsh*
Design & Technology
Avila College